The Moses Sleep Devices
The Moses® appliance has been shown to be an effective oral airway dilator available for dentists to use in the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). By incorporating tongue management, the Moses® appliance has improved on the effectiveness of simple mandibular advancement splints. The Moses® appliance has been shown to facilitate reflexes that advance the tongue, lower elevator muscle activity, reduce clenching and decrease bruxism. The two part design is very comfortable, allowing the patient to close their lips, talk and even sip water.
The Moses & The Moses Elite
This new, innovative device adds another dimension to oral-appliance therapy. An open anterior design combined with mandibular advancement protrudes the tongue and enlarges the airway. In addition, patients are able to talk, drink, open wide, and close their lips with the appliance in place.
The Moses Elite
The Moses® Elite was recently introduced as an alternative for bruxer patients. The Visiclear base is strong and flexible offering increased tongue space in a sleek design. The Moses® Elite also has the added benefit of in-office vertical adjustment.
Advantage of The Moses
- Separate flexible retainer to prevent tooth movement.
- Ideally designed to determine mandible protrusion, pre-set according to your bite registration.
- Reduces clenching, decreases or prevents bruxism.
- Buccal-mounted advancement screws allow for an open anterior space for the tongue.
- The base of the device is specifically designed with acrylic guides that stimulate the tongue to a protrusive or anterior position.
- Elevates tongue to the hard palate and increases nasal air flow.
- Prevents collapse of the tongue on the pharynx.
- Patients can easily talk, drink, open wide, and allows lip seal.
- Comfortable, adjustable, and titratable.